Old August 9th 10, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
GSalisbury

Default Save hardware drivers

"Chris K" wrote in message

[snip]

BooZet Freeware | Double Driver - backup and restore installed drivers
http://www.boozet.org/dd.htm

Isn't that what you're looking for?

I've looked it over - I can already save driver components (they're listed
in driver details) but I'm not sure if/how these can be re-installed - and
booznet dont seem to mention this either

= dont think it will do anything i cant do without it
but thanks any how

From your original post:
"...so I was wondering whether it's possible to save the drivers now for
future install..."
From Double Driver:
"Backup drivers from current Windows"
"Restore drivers from previous backup"
Isn't that what you originally asked for?
No DD won't seek out a new driver for you but once you have what you want it
can save it/them for later use.
I've used a similar product on XP but never looked for a Vista product until
your post.
I downloaded it and ran the dd.exe from the zip file.
I selected All and the default structured output and got 500+ "drivers" in
60+ meg.
Obviously I'd want to get that on an external backup as well.
I'm satisfied it would restore one if I chose/needed to.
Something to consider.
Geo.