Old September 1st 10, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default Windows mail asking to verify username and password

When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel,
which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without
the complete error message.

I'm assuming you are certain you are inputting the correct username and
password.

When deleting and recreating an account in Windows Mail, be sure
you restart Windows Mail after deleting and before recreating.

If that didn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

For more on why email scanning in your antivirus is bad, see:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Kathy D" wrote in message ...

I was in Windows Mail when suddenly a box popped up asking for my username
and password from Windows Mail.. Although I attempted correctly several times
it still will not work. I contacted my kerrlake server and we tried several
things including deleting the account and resetting it back up but it still
will not open. I can receive my emails on my blackberry and can get on the
internet. Also, a protocal error message pops up. Please help!
--
Diamond & Associates