Old September 29th 09, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
wendynonickers[_4_]

Default Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner

chris 01;4625304 Wrote:
hey i dont know if this will work for you but i had the same problem
with a mates computer tried to roll back updates not an option so i
went back and tried again and hey presto its there my dvd burner
so i looked at what i had done previuos to this
and all i did was remove his pre paid broadband key (usb stick) and
came up with the conclusion that there was a conflict dont know how to
fix that part but hey all i have to do to make windows dvd maker pick up
the dvd burner is remove the usb stick this might not sound as
technical as all the others on this forum but it works for me

you are a legend mate! I have had my vista laptop for 13 months and
even rebooted vista to solve this, thanks heaps I removed my dongle and
drive e returned to my dvd burner in seconds! never knock a noob! as one
myself I post stuff on forums and too have helped people too the knowit
alls can't know everything, fresh eyes often find the answer! I am going
to shout this from the cyberspace mountaintops in every forum I post to.
thanks!

--
wendynonickers
wendynonickers's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/62726.htm