Old February 27th 10, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
stormtrooperia

Default Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?

Hello Evveryone,

I am a computer tech and photographer, and I spent many hours on the phone
with microsoft and sony about this same issue. They keep blaming each other
for the problem. Good luck at getting it to work unless you have a 4 pin fire
wire 1394. I have a sony dcr-trv280 cam corder with usb streaming. Thanks to
both sony and miscrosoft not communicating there is no fix except the fire
wire and I still dont have video streaming(something I need when I storm
chase grrrr). And also welcome again windows 7 home premium that wont even
recognize the usb hookup. Way to go Microsoft and Sony !! and they say
windows 7 was my idea? they sure as hell didnt ask me what I wanted LOL

"Janomac101" wrote:

Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
I own a Sony Video Camera.
Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
It also has ilink facilities.

On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have a
problem connecting it to download my films.
This computer now runs Vista Premium.
The ‘Picture Package’ Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
when I am running the ‘adjust and confirm USB stream’; but when it comes to
downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
destination file lost.
I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous computer
running Microsoft XP). I should say that I’m using a USB cable.
The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try the
iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
computer.
Can you help?
Is there a download or patch for this problem?
Is there another way round it?
I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable this
new computer doesn’t have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at a
later date.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Ian Caira.