Old March 28th 10, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Connie[_3_]

Default Problems Installing Divx

My computer crashed and I'm trying to install Divx codec. I thought I only
needed the codec but the file would not play so I downloaded all four
components. Now it will play in the Divx player but as soon as I set WMP as
my default I get a message the WMP does not support the file. They are all
..avi files. Just to test, I tried the same files on another PC and they play
fine. Can anyone suggest what I need to do?