Can't print from My Pictures

Old December 17th 07, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
deedeesdivas

Default Can't print from My Pictures

Just got a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. Have an HP
Photosmart 2610 all in one printer.

Yesterday I was able to print 2 pictures. Tried again a couple of hours
later and nothing happens. I can print test pages and any other documents
just can't print from any photo software. What can I do?

It never even registers on the pending documents. I've made sure it's the
default printer and my drivers are all updated.
Old December 17th 07, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Before you first connected the AIO to the new PC did you install the HP
software package including their driver?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=421139&lang=en

HP Full Feature Software and Drivers

03-2007 080.001.237.000 - 163.07M

Download this package and note where it downloads to (do not Install it
from the HP website if this is suggested -- use Save not Run). Then
unplug the AIO cable from the PC; go to the Printers Folder and delete
the printer icon there; go to Control Panel Add/Remove Programs and
uninstall any HP software for the AIO that may show there and then
reboot the PC.

Then with that cable still unplugged from the PC, locate the file you
downloaded -- AIO_CDB_Full_Network_enu.exe (163.07M) -- right mouse
click on it and select Run as Administrator and OK your way out.

That should install it in a way that will work better than just double
clicking on the installation file. Do not connect the USB cable until
the installation procedure tells you to or until you reach Finish.

I suggest you download the Diagnostic Utility there too and have it
installed in case it is needed.

Note that with VISTA Home versions you do not get the VISTA Fax and
Scan function built in. Something may come as part of the HP Full
Feature Software but if not then you will need a third part utility.

Good luck -- let us know how you get on.

Old December 17th 07, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

You shouldn't be trying to use "My Pictures" in Vista. This is not a
folder, it's a junction point that directs legacy software programs to
another location.
Use the "Pictures" folder under your user account. The same for "Documents"
and "Music".

Old December 17th 07, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
deedeesdivas

Hi, No I did not install the package first I actually installed the driver
first, then hooked up the computer and then later installed the software. I
will definitely try what you have suggested. Makes sense! Thank you very
much, I will keep you updated!

Old December 17th 07, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
deedeesdivas

that's actually what I meant...it is the pictures folder under the user
name...(bad habit from having xp for so long!)

Old December 18th 07, 03:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article ,
Deedeesdivas wrote:

I actually installed the driver*first

How did you get the driver? Not the one that may be in VISTA? If that
it's likely to be limited in functions whereas the complete package on
may be more useful.