Vista Banter

-   -   Restoring external HDD made in XP to vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/92440-restoring-external-hdd-made-xp-vista.html)

Bigboyali December 17th 07 09:05 PM

Restoring external HDD made in XP to vista

My previous computer ran XP and I used an external HDD (namely WD "My Book"
160GB Premium Edition) as backup security.
Unfortunately, my computer crashed. My new computer runs Vista and I cant
restore to this system
Any suggestion accepted
--
Thanks
biggestboyoali

Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] December 18th 07 12:41 PM

"Bigboyali" wrote in message
My previous computer ran XP and I used an external HDD (namely WD "My
Book"
160GB Premium Edition) as backup security.
Unfortunately, my computer crashed. My new computer runs Vista and I cant
restore to this system
Any suggestion accepted
--
Thanks
biggestboyoali

What software did you use to produce the backups, because whatever it was,
that is what you will have to use in order to recover the data

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Dominic Payer December 18th 07 03:21 PM

Restoring external HDD made in XP to vista

Is
what you are looking for?