Old April 30th 10, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Øyvind Granberg

Default Network recognition won't stick....

Hi...
Thanks for a swift reply...
I see now the problem is within the Network Discovery section.
I thought it was called Network Recognition. Sorry about that.

I use the Vista integrated firewall.
I don't seem to find anyplace to let the local traffic through...

I think I'll close the Windows Firewall all together...
Isn't there a firewall in my ADSL router, and another one in the wireless
router?
Those should be sufficient, shouldn't they?

Filesharing is set to ON
File Sharing is set to ON
Public Folder Sharing is set to ON
Printer Sharing is set to ON
PAssword Protected Shairng is set to ON
Media Sharing is set to OFF

The network is set to Private Network

The laptop OS is Vista Home Premium.
The stationary OS is Vista Ultimate

There has to be a way to set all computer connected to my LAN to be
automatically trusted?
Where do I set all ports from 192.168.0.0. to 192.168.1.255 as trusted IP's
in Windows Firewall?

--

Kind regards
Øyvind Granberg

www.tresfjording.com

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
Hi
You first have to set a solid file sharing system.
Do not use the Public Network but the regular Home/Work Network.
Firewall instructions.
General example,
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Øyvind Granberg" wrote in message
Hi...

I have this two pc's with Vista.
Between them I use SyncToy to, among other files, copy my Outlook 2007
PSF-file.

To get this to work I have to turn on Network Recognition in the Network
and sharing window. Else one pc can't communicate with the other.
But after every restart the network recognition is reset to user defined.
I have set all network sonnections to public, but still the setting is
reset at next restart.
I have set them to private networks, but no fix.

This is very annoying since Syntoy do not find the other pc without the
network recognition set to on....

What can I do to avvoid this resetting of the network recognition
settings at every restart?

--

Kind regards
Øyvind Granberg