Wireless Printing Requires Administrator Login

Old December 18th 07, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Fletch

Default Wireless Printing Requires Administrator Login

I have a laptop running on Vista Home Basic that needs to print to a wireless
HP Laserjet 1022 printer that is using it's own dedicated HP wireless router
purchased with the printer at Office Depot. I have no problems printing to
it as long as the Administrator has logged in to the laptop and given
permission to do so. The problem I have is when the computer is rebooted and
the Administrator is not around to put the printer back online with his
password, a standard user can't print to it. The Administrator has fiddled
with the sharing on the printer and changed it so it should be able to share
and print from anyone, but maybe I am still missing something.

Any ideas on how to get around this, as it is virtually impossible for the
Administrator to be at this location at all times? I don't want to give up
the security of the parental controls that I need for Standard Users by
assigning them as Administrators, so where do I go from here?
Old December 18th 07, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

does the driver write any temp files to \windows\temp?

Verify that all users have write access to \windows\system32\spool\printers

If that does not help ask HP about the driver.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team