Error COOD1199

Old January 13th 10, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
salih

Default Error COOD1199

"meerkat" wrote:

"stan04" wrote in message

"Hayles" wrote:

I have vista home premium with windows media player and when i try to
play
videos from my digital cam it keeps saying it doesnt support this
file and i
get error code cood1199. My camera doesnt have sound on it is that
why?? I am
new to computers so if anyone can help that would be great!!!

Sounds like you haven`t got the correct codec in
Home premium for your camera..
(whose name and type you didn`t mention !!)

Download and run Gspot.exe,from here...
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

Run it and feed it one of your videos.
It will tell you which codec you need to D/load, to enable
you to play them.

--
bw..

Old January 13th 10, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Jhon Butcher

There are 3 step to repair windows media player 80040218 error

My friend had the same problem with you. I am sure your computer has
register problems.It is very easy to repair windows media player
80040218 error. you just need 3 steps:

1: Download a register cleaner and install it.
2: Open the register clean and scan you computer for free.
3: Click fix button and you done.

--
Jhon Butcher

'wedding Video Toronto' (www.videobabylon.ca) | 'Disc jockey Toronto'
(http://www.videobabylon.ca/wedding-DJ.html) | 'Oshawa Wedding
Limousine' (http://www.videobabylon.ca/Oshawa-Weddings.html)

Old February 15th 10, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
cood1199

"JNeff" wrote:

Cal Bear, maybe you can help me, too. I get the same error code when I ask
Media Player to play a file with a ".email" extension. I'm running Vista,
with the latest (presumably) Media Player. I've tried opening in "Windows
Mail" and in "Outlook." On my old XP machine I used Outlook Express, and
could never open .email files. I have a handful of correspondents that open
.email files, no problem. I've tried several methods suggested in MS
articles. (One suggested I save as ".eml" file, but I don't know how to do
that.) Technologically impaired...Thanks

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

Great, and you're welcome.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Hayles" wrote in message
Thanks heaps all working now!!!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

What camera?

What format does the camera use to record videos (the last three letters in
the
file name after the dot )?

If it is .MOV, then it is a QuickTime file and you need to install QuickTime
from apple.com. QuickTime files do not playback in Windows Media Player.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old February 15th 10, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
cood1199

"JNeff" wrote:

Cal Bear, maybe you can help me, too. I get the same error code when I ask
Media Player to play a file with a ".email" extension. I'm running Vista,
with the latest (presumably) Media Player. I've tried opening in "Windows
Mail" and in "Outlook." On my old XP machine I used Outlook Express, and
could never open .email files. I have a handful of correspondents that open
.email files, no problem. I've tried several methods suggested in MS
articles. (One suggested I save as ".eml" file, but I don't know how to do
that.) Technologically impaired...Thanks

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

Great, and you're welcome.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old March 29th 10, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
samy

"cood1199" wrote:

"JNeff" wrote:

Cal Bear, maybe you can help me, too. I get the same error code when I ask
Media Player to play a file with a ".email" extension. I'm running Vista,
with the latest (presumably) Media Player. I've tried opening in "Windows
Mail" and in "Outlook." On my old XP machine I used Outlook Express, and
could never open .email files. I have a handful of correspondents that open
.email files, no problem. I've tried several methods suggested in MS
articles. (One suggested I save as ".eml" file, but I don't know how to do
that.) Technologically impaired...Thanks

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

Great, and you're welcome.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old March 29th 10, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
samy

"cood1199" wrote:

"JNeff" wrote:

Cal Bear, maybe you can help me, too. I get the same error code when I ask
Media Player to play a file with a ".email" extension. I'm running Vista,
with the latest (presumably) Media Player. I've tried opening in "Windows
Mail" and in "Outlook." On my old XP machine I used Outlook Express, and
could never open .email files. I have a handful of correspondents that open
.email files, no problem. I've tried several methods suggested in MS
articles. (One suggested I save as ".eml" file, but I don't know how to do
that.) Technologically impaired...Thanks

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

Great, and you're welcome.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!