Old June 3rd 10, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
jabberw0cky

Default Printer sharing Vista

I fixed it as follows in Vista SP2 connected to a SOHO network. I was
having the problem with a printer that was there earlier connected to a
network port but had "disappeared" during the day.

Control Panel -- Printers
Right click in the white space and select:
Run As Administrator -- Server Properties...
From the Ports tab I then deleted the Port(s) that I had been setting
up with no success.
From the Drivers tab I then deleted the printer driver. This didn't
completely work (it said), but it didn't matter in the end.

I could then successfully re-install the printer from scratch.

--
jabberw0cky
jabberw0cky's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/228102.htm

http://forums.techarena.in