Old February 11th 10, 08:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
brooke.waits[_2_]

Default ESET 4.0 hijacked

brooke.waits;1647580 Wrote:
Something got in and hijacked my ESET security suite and basically took
over my entire computer. Almost all of my drivers are disabled and it
has control of pretty much every file. I used hijack to find the files,
and I notice the registry changes. It wont even let me run a virus scan
in safe mode. I was looking at the registry and although normally I
wouldn't go near it, I am just erasing the changes that were given to
the keys. Then I will try to run a virus scan again. What else can I do
to make sure everything is out? I have the scan logs as well, I just
wasn't sure where to put them. Thanks

Oh, and I am running Vista x64 home premium on an HPa6720f and I
thought I had virus protection from ESET, but you can see how that went.

--
brooke.waits