Old April 25th 10, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
NC Beach Bum

Default User Data Backup and Restore - Help!

I am working with a PC that has account and password issues so the user is
blocked from accessing his files. I have tried Orphcrack on the system but
it's not showing any passwords. The user tells me the system has been
acting odd for some time now and - of course - he does not have a backup and
to make it worse his tax information is on the system so he had to file an
extension to get time for me to do this recovery and restore. I need to
pull his files from the system to wipe, perform a clean install, setup his
account and restore his files. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks

--
NC Beach Bum