Old July 23rd 11, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Ken Blake, MVP[_2_]

Default microsoft public windows.vista.security

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:52:58 GMT, nancy eaker
wrote:

Hello,

My current laptop security software has expired and with my life is put on pernament disability and now my husband has been very ill and we are not sure if he will be able to hold his current job, and others are so hard to find now. I don't like to beg for anything but our lifestyle has changed so much in the past years and one of my enjoyments I have is getting on laptop each day and keeping in touch with friends, family and other loved ones.

For an anti-virus program, I recommend eSet NOD32, if you are willing
to pay for it. If you want a free anti-virus, I recommend one (do not
run more than one) of the following three:
Avira AntiVir
Avast
Microsoft Security Essentials
You also need anti-spyware software (even if you run a program like
Microsoft Security Essentials, with anti-spyware capability built into
it). I recommend that you download and install (freeware) MalwareBytes
AntiMalware

Please Reply to the Newsgroup