Old January 7th 12, 05:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
xu syon

Default Help..can't log in as administrator

Four steps can help you reset the lost Windows 8/7/vista/xp/2008/2003/2000 password:
Step 1: Download Windows Password Rescuer/Windows password recovery tool on any available computer you have access to.
Step 2: Install Windows Password Rescuer and run it to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
Step 3: BIOS setting of your locked computer to set it boot from CD/USB.
Step 4: Insert the newly CD/USB to the computer.Reset Windows password successfully after Windows Password Rescuer starts.You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to add a new user with administrator privilege to your Windows when you can not find target user. With this New user account you can logon your locked computer directly to copy important data from the locked computer if you want to reinstall your Windows system at last.
More details about the usage: http://www.daossoft.com/documents/ho...-advanced.html
or http://www.daossoft.com/windows-7-pa...very-tool.html

On Sunday, August 02, 2009 6:38 PM jeanniev wrote:

I set up a set up a new administrator account and new a standard user
account. For some reason...do not ask me why, just plan stupid, I set my
new standard account as the adminstrator and the old adminstrator
account to a standard user. Now when I log on it does not give me the
option to log into the admin account so that I can change things back.
I have done some research online and am not able to be successful in
applying any of those suggestion. I am not technically inept,
obviously, so be gentle and clear, but simple. Currently I am not able
to access many of my options since I can only log on to the standard
account. PLEASE HELP. My computer and sytem details a Vista Home
Premium, 32-bit operating system with AMD Atholon(tm) 64X2 dual cor
processor, with 4 GB memory on a eMachine, model T5230.

--
jeanniev

On Monday, August 03, 2009 12:15 AM Flavius wrote:

Try to login in build-in administrator account and make diagnose &
repair.If there is no any administrator account build-in admin should
appear in safe mode -if not you have to enable build-in admin remotely

There are many various methods to do that:

link I:'What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an
administrator account' (http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=7)
link
II:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/20...ge-win-re.html

apart of above methods alsoTools for reseting password also have option
to enable/disable accounts (for built-in admin also) for example
'Offline NT Password & Registry Editor'
(http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

--
Flavius

On Monday, August 03, 2009 2:49 AM Ray Luca wrote:

Leave a SPACE after "linkII:", you idjut.

On Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:29 AM linky1124 wrote:

I just create a blog about how to reset windows password.
it might help you.
just have a look at
http://www.programmersheaven.com/use.../blog/:D:D:D:D

--
linky1124

'http://www.resetwindowspassword.com'
(http://www.resetwindowspassword.com/)

On Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:23 AM vin wrote:

I have vista home premium. now i cannot log on to my admin account even
with the correct password the welcome screen goes on endlessly & i have
to power off.

The only other account is a standard user account which is working fine
otherwise but i cannot access my 40 gb data that is on the admin account
is cannot do system restore nor cmd command prompt as in all cases UAC
is asking for admin password first and that profile is corrupted.

please advise how to save & access my valuable data & get admin
priviliges again.

--
vin

On Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:36 AM Flavius wrote:

vin;1106093 Wrote:
See my previous post :sleepy: how to enable build-in admin account

--
Flavius

On Wednesday, August 05, 2009 10:05 AM vin wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I guess Link II is for user account password recovery only & I will
have to follow IInd process i.e. hard way.

It seems hard to me I am not that IT savvy.

--
vin

On Wednesday, August 05, 2009 10:23 AM Flavius wrote:

vin;1106118 Wrote:
All methods to enable admin account are relative difficult - remember
NT systems are protected before permissions escalations.I think OPTION
II from link I is the most easy (there are also pictures),OPTION III
from link I is harder but I attache below additional advices helpful to
undarstanding this method and make this method easier:

how to edit registry from WinRE -read all from post 17 this thread:
'Can't Delete Registry Key'
(http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...try-key-2.html)

the same method I presented
hehttp://www.vistax64.com/851487-post2.html

But of course all methods are good -your decision what you choose...

--
Flavius