Old January 18th 12, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Andrew Rossmann

Default Re-size partition

In article ,
says...
On my Vista notebook everything has been dumped into one large

partition
which I want to shrink to make room for other partitions. What tool do I
use to re-size the NTFS file system on Vista 64-bit? Preferably
something free.

You may be able to use the standard Windows tools. Go to Computer
Management, then Disk Management. Right-click the partition and choose
'Shrink Volume...'. It will check and see how much you can shrink it.

You may need to do a defrag first to open up some space.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross