Old January 23rd 12, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
pjp[_4_]

Default Well that sucks!!!

"pjp" wrote in message
"Ken Springer" wrote in message
On 1/22/12 7:00 PM, pjp wrote:
Ok, newer pc been using so finally decide to move email over to it from
laptop running XP to this pc running Vista and Windows Mail.

Can't set it up to access my Hotmail account like could in XP, e.g. same
as
isp's email server, e.g. POP3 and SMTP.

What f'ing crap!!! What the hell was wrong with leaving it in and why if
can't do what I want with this the included email program (Win Mail) do
have to spend time and effort to remove the useless ....

Argh, I don't want to separate email and news into two separate programs
when I've been doing it way worked just fine for years. And it wouldn't
be
Windows Live anyway!!! I hate web based email.

Just a rant!!! It's SO SO SO EXPECTED from MS for years now.

Do these help?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...h-Windows-Mail
http://www.dslextreme.com/support/kb...ess-newsgroups
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

No, it's NOT newsgroups (I'm reading and answering this using Win Mail
under Vista) that are a problem it's collecting email from Hotmail. Go to
setup hotmail account and it explicitely states can't setup Hotmail, Gmail
etc. I assume it's parsing the "hotmail" part and purposefully blocking my
setting it up even though I've had the account so long Hotmail still
allows me POP3/SMTP access as it didn't "force" me to abandon it years ago
when they stopped it for most, e.g. I use OE to access Hotmail on my XP pc
along with the other email accounts I have.

Argh! Means email stays on laptop running XP where-as I'd finally decided
newer pc was stable enough to "use it" for that to find out can't.

MS so often's "new and improved" is just so much more often "changed and
restricted more" gets tiring when it's repeated every single new version.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 9.0.1
Thunderbird 9.0.1
LibreOffice 3.4.4

I'm thinking of installing Outlook which I normally leave out of my Office
installs. I assume it'll still do it as wife seems to use it fine under Win7
for her hotmail account.