Old March 20th 12, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Lorne Bennett

Default 64 Bit

How do I get a 64 Bit upgrade disk for windows Home Premium to Windows Ultimate. I have the 32 Bit version. Thank U.

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:20 PM Nic wrote:

I have a 32 bit version of windows vista Home. Is there any way I can get a
free copy of 64 bit vista home or an upgrade disk or anything, I want to go
out and buy windows Ultimate 64 bit but is that the only version that is 64
bit?

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:43 PM Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

Ordering Windows Vista 64-bit software media:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nick" wrote:

I have a 32 bit version of windows vista Home. Is there any way I can get a
free copy of 64 bit vista home or an upgrade disk or anything, I want to go
out and buy windows Ultimate 64 bit but is that the only version that is 64
bit?

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:15 PM Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:

Is your Windows Vista retail or OEM?

If OEM, contact the seller.
However they are unlikely to give you 64 bit.

If retail, you can order 64 bit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

One of the many reasons OEM costs less than retail.

Also see:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/vistaget.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Nick" wrote in message

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:19 PM Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:

Nick

If you purchased a retail version of Vista, you can get the 64Bit disk at
the following website. You only pay for the shipping. (Usually around 7 USD)

Windows Vista Alternate Media:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

All versions of Vista are available in 32bit or 64bit.

If this version of Vista came pre-installed on the computer, contact the
system vendor for options on getting the 64bit disk.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Nick" wrote in message

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 4:10 PM Nic wrote:

It is a OEM Version from HP

I actually ordered a tx1000z and it has home premium 32 bit on it, but I
have 4GB of memory and I need a 64 bit to see it all

"Nick" wrote:

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:25 AM John Barnes wrote:

Make sure you can get 64-bit drivers for your computer BEFORE you buy the
64-bit version. You may well find that hardware and software you own will
not work on 64-bit, so be prepared.