Old September 12th 12, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Default Help to delete a document in print queue

On Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:23:01 AM UTC-5, Malke wrote:
Mario wrote:
Hi,
I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
anything until this has been deleted?

I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?

I am running Vista home premium

Any ideas would be great

Mario

At the Start Orb in the "search" box type:

cmd [enter]

You wil see cmd appear above. Right-click it and "run as Administrator".
This will give you an elevated command prompt. Type:

net stop spooler [enter]

You should get a confirmation that the print spooler is stopping. Leave
the command prompt available (don't close it out) and now you should be
able to open the Properties for that printer and delete any pending
documents. Once the documents are deleted, you can remove the printer.
Always check in the Programs & Features Control Panel applet first to
see if there is any software connected with that printer you need to
uninstall first. If not, then right-clicking on the printer in the
Printers applet should allow you to delete it.

Once you have finished with that printer, go back to the cmd prompt and
type:

net start spooler [enter]

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hey Malke, this was very helpful, Thank you!