Old October 20th 13, 07:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
[email protected]

Default Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:26:02 PM UTC-5, wondrash wrote:
I'm using Vista 32 bit Home Premium. I was unable to delete messages in my delete folder and used your fix of Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintance/Store Folder etc. Now I have a folder for Recovered Messages that posts the date and a 6 figure # following the date every time I go to my mail. Example 04-24-200700 12-51-17. Now I can't delete the Recovered Messages folder and when I click on the the folder it shows "there are no items to view". The folder get bigger and bigger with sub folders. I am able to delete the sub folders and the daily entrys, but not the Recovered Messages folder.

BTW: If you have this issue and go to Microsofts help site and see the techs advise to go into tools,option and delete the folder and copy paste destination link yadda,yadda DO NOT DO IT!!! DONT YOU DARE!!!
You will only lose all the email thats in your folders and you will not fix the issue. It is usless for this issue. Updating to live mail or another mail is the only fix. I have screwed with it all day with no fix discovered..