Old November 23rd 13, 12:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Joe[_25_]

Default SMTP port

It says, "To send email outside of the TWC Mail servers, you'll need to
reset your connections from port 25 to port 587."

I can read it but I don't understand it. So by using 587, it bypasses TWC
servers- whatever the heck that means.. if it doesn't use the TWC servers, I
don't understand what servers port 587 is using.

at this point, it's working, but it bothers me that this problem arose- I
really don't think I have any malware on my system- I'm very careful. I
think it's because I do a lot of email and many are cc'd to dozens of
people- I presume that looked suspicious...

and since it's all working, I shouldn't care why.... as of now I'm just
curious....

Joe

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
"Joe" wrote in message
I'm curious why 587 works fine and 25 doesn't. Time-Warner said to use
587. I don't use wi-fi, my router is hard wired to my 3 home networked
computers.
Joe

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/re...-blocking.html

Other than that, you would have to ask TW.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP 2004 ~ 2010