Old November 29th 13, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
[email protected]

Default continuous data transfer to IP 224.0.0.252

On Friday, May 22, 2009 7:58:57 PM UTC-4, Banister wrote:
I have been having the same problem, but I only have Premium and the
Group Policy is not available to me. Also the Registry does not have a
DNS Client under the Windows NT key. Do I have to add the DNS Client
and the EnableMulticast Registry? And if so, what type of value does it
need to be?

Thanks for any help,
Banister

--
Banister

I finally found the answer my friend. We have to add these lines into the registry from the command line.

REG ADD ”HKLM\Software\policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient\

REG ADD ”HKLM\Software\policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient” /v ”EnableMulticast” /t REG_DWORD /d “0″ /f

for some reason adding these entries with the registry editor did not work for me. You also cannot copy and paste. Just type it in manually.

Rich.