Old December 22nd 13, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default High Definition Audio Driver

On Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:56:01 PM UTC+2, Dylan Harrelson wrote:
I would check with Asus for Vista driver, it may have installed a basic
driver through the operating system but it may not be working right. Check
Asus.

"Clayton" wrote:

I've installed Vista Basic on a ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard everything
installed fine except for the Video Drivers which I downloaded from VIA and
it works fine, the only problem I have now is with the High Definition Audio
Controller, it shows in device manager with a yellow ! and says something
about can not find enough free resources.
I removed the driver and restarted the system, it found new hardware and
installed saying successful and to restart the system which I did and it's
still the same.
The audio in sound controllers appear to look ok.

Helo, I guess you allready solved the problem.
If you don`t, here is how you do it for P5VDC-MX board.
1. Install ATK0110, from asus supprt page or from windows update.
1. Go to windows update, install latest version of framework.
3. Go to asus download, install sound driver, RTL653.
The sound shoul work, it works for me on windows 7.
The "HD AUDIO" from device manager is not HD audio, is PCI BUS from VIA, not compatible with Vista or Windows 7, just live it there. Is still there in yellow but the PC works fine with no problems.