Old September 22nd 14, 08:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R. H. Breener[_2_]

Default Expired cirtificate errors FireFox and IE (Vista 32 bit)

From: "R. H. Breener"

From: "R. H. Breener"

"VanguardLH" wrote in message

So start the web browser in its safe mode to make sure ALL add-ons are
disabled, not just the ones that IE will show you.

brevity snip

Thanks for that info.

I thought I'd let you know when I tried a System Restore which failed,
I then tried a System Recovery. When I clicked to do a System Recovery
the computer failed completely. It kept telling me the disks for the
Vista PC were not authenticated (or some such) for that system. How can
that be when they came from HP and the second set were made from THAT
HP computer itself? It wouldn't go into safe mode. It said no disks
could be found. The boot disk didn't work either with an error it
wasn't authenticated for that system. WTF? The PC is sitting here
totally worthless and was hardly used. How the hell do I get it to
recognize the Recovery disks or the boot disk?

What was the OS and flavour ?

The OS is Vista 32 bit made by HP.

HP doesn't make Windows.

Vista/32 branded by HP.

The vendor is not the flavour. Vista; Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium,
Business, Enterprise and Ultimate are flavours of the 32bit OS.

You need to contact HP. Most likely you'll have to buy a disk or a set of
disks.

Home Premium. I think the computer is a goner. I called the tech, now back
at his regular job and no longer doing this on the side at home. He said he
added a second HD, a Seagate, and made the old drive the slave. That's why
he had to contact MS for a Reg number. He kind of lost me there. Why would
he need a new Reg # when he had the original disks, both sets? He felt
beside the memory stick being bad the original HD may have had problems
also. But the new Seagate drive had the same damn problems. He had me
remove the Seagate but that didn't make any difference. Then he had me
remove the orig' HD and that made no difference either. The boot disk for
the machine will not boot up either HD. Where does this leave me? What are
my options now?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp