Old September 22nd 14, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David H. Lipman

Default Expired cirtificate errors FireFox and IE (Vista 32 bit)

From: "R. H. Breener"

From: "R. H. Breener"

From: "R. H. Breener"

"VanguardLH" wrote in message

So start the web browser in its safe mode to make sure ALL add-ons
are
disabled, not just the ones that IE will show you.

brevity snip

Thanks for that info.

I thought I'd let you know when I tried a System Restore which failed,
I then tried a System Recovery. When I clicked to do a System
Recovery the computer failed completely. It kept telling me the disks
for the Vista PC were not authenticated (or some such) for that
system. How can that be when they came from HP and the second set were
made from THAT HP computer itself? It wouldn't go into safe mode. It
said no disks could be found. The boot disk didn't work either with an
error it wasn't authenticated for that system. WTF? The PC is sitting
here totally worthless and was hardly used. How the hell do I get it
to recognize the Recovery disks or the boot disk?

What was the OS and flavour ?

The OS is Vista 32 bit made by HP.

HP doesn't make Windows.

Vista/32 branded by HP.

The vendor is not the flavour. Vista; Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium,
Business, Enterprise and Ultimate are flavours of the 32bit OS.

You need to contact HP. Most likely you'll have to buy a disk or a set
of disks.

Home Premium. I think the computer is a goner. I called the tech, now back
at his regular job and no longer doing this on the side at home. He said
he added a second HD, a Seagate, and made the old drive the slave. That's
why he had to contact MS for a Reg number. He kind of lost me there. Why
would he need a new Reg # when he had the original disks, both sets? He
felt beside the memory stick being bad the original HD may have had
problems also. But the new Seagate drive had the same damn problems. He
had me remove the Seagate but that didn't make any difference. Then he had
me remove the orig' HD and that made no difference either. The boot disk
for the machine will not boot up either HD. Where does this leave me?
What are my options now?

The COA should be a sticker on the computer and thus you have a valid Vista
keycode. You don't need another, you need the platform related installation
disks.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp