Old September 24th 14, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
[email protected]

Default Gmail sync with POP3 account to Windows Vista Mail

Hello

I'm trying to find a solution to a Gmail POP3 sync problem. I've read multiple help pages and browsed a variety of forums. I followed the general instructions to the letter but I keep on getting this error message:

Palvelin: 'pop.gmail.com', Protokolla: POP3, Palvelimen vastaus: '-ERR malformed command c18mb21941321ldc', Portti: 995, SSL-suojattu: Kyllä, Palvelinvirhe: 0x800CCC90, Virhenumero: 0x800CCC18

It's unfortunately in Finnish but the error id should be the one that will help to solve this problem (id: 0x800CCC18).

Gmail settings are OK (POP3 is activated) so the problem lies in the Vista Windows Mail settings.

All help will be greatly appreciated.