Old October 3rd 14, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
[email protected]

Default Unable to delete folder (0x800710FE

Helen Li,

I tried what you wrote about changing the system registry. I added the key named FormatDatabase with a key type of DWORD and value of 1 in the registry location you mentioned. I rebooted my computer. This did not solve my problem.

My problem is that I have a pdf file that I can't delete in the My Scans folder of my Documents. I am running Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64-bit. I have administrator rights for my computer. The file properties do not show the security information. Under the Details tab of the file properties, the offline status is offline. The file is located on our server, in a network folder that is My Documents.

I am not an IT professional, so my understanding of network computing is limited. Can you help me?

Mark Brockman