Old January 6th 15, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
[email protected]

Default Unable to delete folder : Error 0x800710FE

On Tuesday, 7 October 2014 10:42:03 UTC+1, A super GEEK wrote:
Hello evryone,

I had the same problem.
I was running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Service Pack 1 with "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M 2.20 GHz" processor.
i got this message while triyng to delete a word document:

Error 0x800710FE: This file is not currently not available on this computer.

I was using a network to use my account anywhere in the world.
and it just suddenly popped up when I was cleaning up my Docs folder (with over 1000 files in it).
It was only doing this message on this one file.
and this is what I found:

this error was provoked by a HUMAN modify, stopping this file do be deleted and sometimes modified.(yes, I might be talking about hack...)
So, this is what worked for me:

1.a.On the start tab (bottom left)search "File Options"
b.Go to Offline Files
c.Press Ctrl+Shift
d.Click "Delete Files"
e.Click "yes" two times and computer will restart

If that doesen't work try this:

2.a.In the start tab search "reg"
b.Type these commands:

REG.EXE.REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ne tCache" /v FormatDatabase /t

Then type

REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

If that still doesen't work, download Fix-it microsoft program he

adf.ly/sgSkt

(wait five seconds an click "SKIP AD" top right)

Hoped I helped,
Giorgio

For anyone still struggling with this issue i found I was able to deal with "locked by someone" files or indeed any dead file which seems cannot be opened at all... by right clicking on it and then "edit with notepad++" I made some random change to text and was able then to save the file again and thus released its lock. it could then be readily deleted in the usual way. not conventional approach I guess but it worked for me and removed an annoying sync issue. if anyone thinks this has a risk with it, let me know of course, but for me I appear to be off a running. cheers.