Old March 23rd 15, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Ken Springer[_2_]

Default Interesting uninstall problem with old software

On 3/21/15 4:46 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Another option is to see if the free version of Revo Uninstaller would
get rid of the program (if they included it in their database included
with the program).

As I mentioned to Stormin' Norman, I'm certainly not adverse to
reinstalling Vista, since it' just a learning box for me, I use it for
nothing.

Revo doesn't have you reinstalling Windows. Their database is a
hardcoded list of known registry entries and files for the programs they
know about so they know what to remove. If doing the manual remnant
cleanup of the registry and files is beyond you or you want a quick stab
at the cleanup then Revo Uninstaller might work. They have a free
version you can try. The payware version includes a monitor so it can
see what changes were made to know what to remove later. The freeware
doesn't have the real-time monitor but it still has the database of
hardcoded expertise that might help remove the stubborn program.

Mother Nature ruined my plans for yesterday morning before going to
work, so gave Revo (free version) a try.

It worked!!! I chose the Advanced button, I wanted everything gone. I
did not use the portable version. Took forever to shut the computer
down and reboot, but it seems to be OK. No extensive use as of yet, but
then there never has been any extensive use of Vista for me. LOL

One thing I found interesting, if you use the Advanced setting, the
program allows you to "clean" the registry of entries relating to the
program being removed. Doing exactly the actions that people don't like
registry cleaners doing. G

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5