Old May 22nd 15, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,alt.comp.os.windows-8,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general
Char Jackson

Default Creating personal data/special folders

On Fri, 22 May 2015 07:30:44 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:

On Fri, 22 May 2015 07:30:40 +0100, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Char Jackson wrote:
In the beginning, I remember seeing lots of "balance your checkbook!" and
"organize your recipes!" types of claims. :-)

I don't need a computer to help me with either of those tasks, so I'm glad
that more uses were realized over time.

I've been balancing my accounts using Quicken for probably 25 years,

25 years is about the same for me too.

and
while "need" is slightly too strong a word, I really wouldn't want to be
without it.

Ditto! It makes it *much* easier and faster.

I'm mildly amused. :-) Are we still talking about adding some numbers and
then subtracting that total from another number, or is there more involved?
I'm just thinking that by the time you fire up Quicken, you probably could
be done already.