Old January 20th 16, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
[email protected]

Default Unable to delete folder : Error 0x800710FE

Thanks "super GEEK". I trimmed your response below, but wanted to thank you..

I use VirtualBox (win7) on my Linux RH6 machine. My account is spread across my company's network -- how or where, I really don't know, don't care. But, I was able to use the following steps to fix my problem based on your suggestion below, and it resolved my issue:

1. Using the Start menu's search box, I typed "offline"
2. Opened the "Manage Offline files" entry that appeared
under the Control Panel section
3. Selected "View your offline files" button at the bottom
of the "General" tab
4. Navigated to the files in question (For me, they were on my Desktop,
so: Offline Files Folder - my account name - Desktop
5. Selected the file I wanted to delete and, using the right
mouse button, I selected "Delete Offline Copy"

Success!

Thanks everyone, and keep posting solutions to the web!

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 5:42:03 AM UTC-4, A super GEEK wrote:
Hello evryone,

i got this message while triyng to delete a word document:

Error 0x800710FE: This file is not currently not available on this computer.

I was using a network to use my account anywhere in the world.
and it just suddenly popped up when I was cleaning up my Docs folder (with over 1000 files in it).
It was only doing this message on this one file.
and this is what I found:

So, this is what worked for me:

1.a.On the start tab (bottom left)search "File Options"
b.Go to Offline Files
c.Press Ctrl+Shift
d.Click "Delete Files"
e.Click "yes" two times and computer will restart

--
This email may contain material that is confidential and/or proprietary
that the sender intended only for specific recipients. Any review by