Old April 10th 16, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Micky[_2_]

Default datastore\datastore.edb

[Default] On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 18:10:07 -0400, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Micky
wrote:

I use the following batch files:

Thank you for these. I've saved them.

And I made them bat files and I tried them and.....

wu-disable went by so fast I couldn't read all of it.

Instead of ending in exit, I thought there was a command that would
end a bat file without closing the cmd box. I thought it was Return,
but that didn't work.

Tomorrow I'll plug in my XP archives and find out.

___( WU-disable.bat )___
echo off
cls

echo Stop BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) ...
sc.exe stop BITS
echo Disable BITS ...
sc.exe config BITS start= disabled
echo.

echo Stop Windows Update service ...
sc.exe stop wuauserv
echo Disable Windows Update service ...
sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled
echo.

exit
___( EOF )___

___( WU-enable.bat )___
@echo off
cls

echo Enable BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) to Manual
startup mode ...
sc.exe config BITS start= demand
echo.

echo Enable Windows Update service to Manual startup mode ...
sc.exe config wuauserv start= demand
echo Start Windows Update service ...
sc.exe start wuauserv
echo.