Old April 10th 16, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Micky[_2_]

Default datastore\datastore.edb

[Default] On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:15:59 +0100, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message , Micky
writes:
[]
(I also dl'd RAMmap, from Sysinternals, because one webpage mentioned
it. It didn't really help me but it's free and interesting.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ls/rammap.aspx )

[]
Yes, it does look interesting. Sadly, it says it only runs on Vista and
above - and that is indeed the case.

Yes, that was only a sidebar to the main post. But I know the file in
the subject line is used in XP too. I don't know if it caused me
problems in XP like it did in Vista, but I was quite a bit more stoic
then and just waited for problems to go away. So it might have been
the source of major problems in XP too. Now I'm on a campaign to rid
myself of problems. First I got rid of making Previous Versions and I
will rely on my own backups; then I got rid of this;

And the last planned stage is to improve how FFox saves tabs. Right
now, if theres' a crash or even if I close Windows normally, when I
restart, the Restore Session tab will likely be hours old (older than
the time Windows closed) not including tabs created later and
including ones already deleted. Even though the interval time
between saving sessionstore is set at 5 minutes or less.

The suggestions seem to be add-ons, either Session Manager or Tab Mix
Plus. Do you know if either can make the problem worse? They both
have millions of downloads, and the first has a 4.6 star rating over
456 reviews, and the second 4+ stars over 2600 reviews.