Old April 10th 16, 05:51 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
B00ze

Default Is root directory a protected data area?

On 2016-04-10 13:48, Micky wrote:

Is the root directory of the windows/system drive a protected area in
Vista or Win7?

Only if UAC is enabled, then all you can do on the root of C:\ is to
create folders (not files). If UAC is turned off, or if you log on using
the built-in Administrator account, then you can create files in the root.

I have an early recollection of that being the case, or at least of
having trouble updating files there, but I can't find it online.

[snip]

Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain /
! (o o) Memberavid-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society-