Old May 13th 16, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Default No updates for Vista?

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 1:32:42 PM UTC-5, sctvguy1 wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 14:21:52 -0400, Tim Slattery wrote:

sctvguy1 wrote:

I have Vista Home Premium on an old HP laptop, using it for gaming, and
Windows Update will NEVER come up with any updates. It has the SP2 and
a few updates from January, but nothing since. Has anyone else seen
this?

I'm running Vista, and have it set for automatic updates. The second
Tuesday of each month (or the day after) there are 10 - 20 updates to be
installed.

I have it set the same way! I have left it on overnight, and nothing
happens! I have no idea what is going on. My Windows 7 machine gets
updates, but this thing never gets anything!

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Windows Vista entered Extended Support sometime in 2015, so now it gets Security Related Updates Only. Extended Support will Expire in 2020, and all updates from this point on is primary aimed at Corporations only, and will be Security in Nature ONLY! if You Upgrade to Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 you can get a Free Upgrade to Windows 10 for a Limited Time Only.