Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Combat Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator 2

Old December 20th 07, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Larry

Default Combat Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator 2

I cannot get this software to load with Vista. Anybody have a fix?
--
larry
Old December 22nd 07, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Tusse

Neither could I, worked great with XP (Combat Flight Simulator 3)
It's a Microsoft Game, there must be a cure???

--
Tusse
Old December 26th 07, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mike_asi[_2_]

I have combat flight simulator WWII europe series, It loads but does not
regonize my wingman extreme. I d/l drivers from logitec but still would not
work with joystick. I checked for updates with microsoft but could not find
any for this program. I do believe I did see some upgrades for combat flight
simulator 3.

Old September 16th 08, 05:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Mike Bramwell

Me too! CFS WWII Europe worked fine with XP. It loads with vista, but
responds erratically to my (German) keyboard inputs and fails to
recognise either MS Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick or Logitech Extreme
3D Pro. Does this render my CFS WWII dustbin material?

Mike B (G)

--
Mike Bramwell

Old November 5th 09, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
cdnorton

"Tusse" wrote:

Neither could I, worked great with XP (Combat Flight Simulator 3)
It's a Microsoft Game, there must be a cure???

--
Tusse

Did anyone receive a cure for the lack of contol ?

--
cdnorton

Old November 5th 09, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Phil Rhodes

Yes, there is a patch for CFS 3.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/downloads.aspx
It says on this page that you MUST use DirectX 9.0
And while your at it, you might run the DirectX diagnostic -
Start/Run/Dxdiag to make sure what version of DirectX you are using and
whether it's working properly.
And lastly, is your joystick a "Wingman Extreme" or a "Wingman Extreme
Digital"? Analog joysticks plug into the 'gameport' (serial port) on your
sound card, whilst a digital joystick plugs into your USB port.
Good luck,
Bumper7
aka USMC_Bumper7 at FighterAce
https://fighterace.ketsujin.com//Default2.asp