Old July 26th 16, 08:32 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Micky[_2_]

Default Do Vista and 7 have to be near the beginning of the drive?

Vista part at **.

I'm sorry to ask elementary questions, but where on the HDD does win7
have to be installed. Does it have to be near the beginning of the
drive like some earlier OSes did?

I have a 500 GB drive with 2 100-GB partitions already. If I create a
3rd 100 GB partition, can I install win7 there?

**
Actually a better question is, can I clone Vista to this new position
and start Vista there, so that I can upgrade Vista to 7.

I can't face the chore of installing all the various programs in 7
when they are already installed in Vista, unless there is a strong
reason to do a fresh install and not install 7 over Vista.