Vista Banter

-   -   Sound Problems - Vent, Xfire, Steam voice - no sound (http://www.vistabanter.com/93676-sound-problems-vent-xfire-steam-voice-no-sound.html)

ZebraS December 24th 07 04:06 AM

Sound Problems - Vent, Xfire, Steam voice - no sound

I can hear sound in almost every program perfectly, exept for ventrilo, xfire
speak, and steam voice. these ones i can talk but i cant hear anything. Skype
works fine too. The problem is that for some reason i am either not recieving
sound, its not being transmitted to my speakers or there is some where that
this perticular type of incoming sound is turn off.

jmkinne January 3rd 08 12:35 AM

Sound Problems - Vent, Xfire, Steam voice - no sound

I have the same problem. I can hear the log in sounds, and changing channel
sounds from Ventrilo but I can not hear anyone live voices or send anyone.
Vista has nothing to fix this yet.

Help plz.

Jebin May 8th 09 09:18 PM

Sound Problems - Vent, Xfire, Steam voice - no sound

I had the same problem and i played with it and got it to work, go into
setup in vent then go to system sound controle output and select your
speakers. myn was set to 5.1 surround sound wich is what i have but i
swiched it to front left and right speakers it worked perfectly hope
this helps :)

--
Jebin