Old February 3rd 07, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Default File Description Missing in Large Folder View

You're welcome!

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Radiation" wrote in message ...
Worked perfectly, Thank you very much!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

Switch to Details view. Then press and hold the SHIFT key, and from the "Views" drop-down, select "Medium Icons". Close and reopen the folder.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Radiation" wrote in message ...
Today the file descriptions went missing from folder view in explorer. I like
the large/medium folder views, but without the name of the folder there makes
it hard to navigate to the files I want. I cannot find any options to turn
the folder names back on in this view. Any help would be appreciated. Here
are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Missing Folder Names:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scriptions.jpg

Folder Names Present:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...onsVisable.jpg