Vista Banter

-   -   Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse (http://www.vistabanter.com/94284-vista-wireless-keyboard-mouse.html)

ShutterMan December 27th 07 06:09 AM

Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse

Just got a nice wireless keyboard and mouse. Problem is, when the
machine is rebooted, these devices dont work anymore. I have to
unplug the USB cable of the remote sensing unit, and plug it back in
to get the devices to work. Needless to say, this is a pain. This is
a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard and mouse, and Im using the
latest Vista drivers (according to them).

mikeyhsd[_2_] December 27th 07 01:24 PM

Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse

on mine there is an option to auto connect at startup.
might check the options.

[email protected] December 27th 07 03:01 PM

On Dec 27, 8:24*am, "mikeyhsd" wrote:
on mine there is an option to auto connect at startup.
might check the options.

* "ShutterMan" wrote in ...
* Just got a nice wireless keyboard and mouse. Problem is, when the
* machine is rebooted, these devices dont work anymore. *I have to
* unplug the USB cable of the remote sensing unit, and plug it back in
* to get the devices to work. *Needless to say, this is a pain. This is
* a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard and mouse, and Im using the
* latest Vista drivers (according to them).

OK Dumb question- How do you get to the options to auto connect. Can't
find anything on vista-LOST

Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] December 27th 07 04:27 PM

wrote in message
On Dec 27, 8:24 am, "mikeyhsd" wrote:
on mine there is an option to auto connect at startup.
might check the options.

"ShutterMan" wrote in
Just got a nice wireless keyboard and mouse. Problem is, when the
machine is rebooted, these devices dont work anymore. I have to
unplug the USB cable of the remote sensing unit, and plug it back in
to get the devices to work. Needless to say, this is a pain. This is
a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard and mouse, and Im using the
latest Vista drivers (according to them).

OK Dumb question- How do you get to the options to auto connect. Can't
find anything on vista-LOST

Go into BIOS and set 'Legacy' USB keyboard and mouse support to be on..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

mikeyhsd[_2_] December 27th 07 10:36 PM

Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse

it would be in the control program for the wireless mouse/keyboard.

also as suggested make sure you have turned on the legacy option in the bios as suggested by mike hall/

for help with that see your computer motherboard manual.

clayman001 November 11th 08 12:44 AM

Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse

have found the bios F10(file) but the only option I have or I see for
the mouse is auto enable, on or off any help please

--
clayman001

Chuck[_2_] November 18th 08 03:14 AM

Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse

What mouse options are you looking for? Why?
What mouse are you using?

You really should not need to go into BIOS to mess with a mouse on a modern
PC. Laptops, since they use a touchpad, have a little different hardware
environment to deal with.

You also didn't mention what make, model, and type of computer you arehaving
a problem with.