This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Old December 28th 07, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Martin Kulov [MVP]

Default This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Hi,

I have one SSL protected web site with certificate issued by our
organization.
It used to run fine untill recently I replaced the old certificate with the
other one with the same name and host address due to configuration issues.I
also revoked the old one.
Now when I try to access the site I can not enter because of this screen:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
website.
Click here to close this webpage.

More information

Please notice that the Continue to this website (not recommended). link is
missing, because href attribute is empty.
The actual HTML is like this:

!-- continue to site--
tr
td  /td
td id="continueToSiteAlign" align="left" valign="middle"
h4 id="continueToSite"
img src="red_shield.png" ID="ImgOverride" border="0" alt="Not
recommended icon" class="actionIcon"A href='' ID="overridelink"
NAME="overridelink" Continue to this website (not recommended)./A
/h4
/td
/tr

I can not enter the site at all and unchecking the Check revocation list
option is not an option for the clients that are using this site.

Please let me know how I can proceed.

Thanks!

Martin Kulov
www.kulov.net

Old December 28th 07, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Susan Bradley

Martin Kulov [MVP] wrote:
[...]

It appears to me that the cert chain is still pointing to the old
certificate.

Go on the server itself and inspect in the IIS, directory security, the
certificate. Is is the proper one? You may need to rerun the cert
request and go to the Cert authority and run the rekeying wizard.

Bottom line, in my experience this isn't an issue with Vista, but rather
your certificate on the IIS side.
Old January 4th 08, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Martin Kulov [MVP]

"Susan Bradley" wrote in message
Martin Kulov [MVP] wrote:
[...]

The certificate is fine. I already made a new certficate request.
And it is an IE7 issue because it blocks me to continue and view the site
because the Continue to this website (not recommended) is just not working!
There is no way to view the site. I do not care if the certificate validates
or not. I should be able to view the site even after 5 warning
messages.There is no way to go to site in this situation.

Thanks,
Martin Kulov
www.kulov.net

Old May 25th 10, 10:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
stealthsid

I know this is an old post, but it's what I found when searching for the
answer, so I figured I'd post my solution in case it helps others in
this situation.

There is a setting in IE "Check for server certificate revocation *".
For whatever reason, be it an auto-update or a corporate network policy
change, this option became checked for many of our developers.
Unchecking it may resolve this issue.

--
stealthsid