Accessing Router set up utility using Vista Home Premium with IE 7

Old December 31st 07, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Troy

Default Accessing Router set up utility using Vista Home Premium with IE 7

have been unable to access my Router set up remotely since using a laptop
running Vista Home Premium and IE 7. Linsys support says it is a IE 7 issue.
Did not have a problem with remote access runnign IE 6 on a XP Pro machine.
Any suggestions?
Old December 31st 07, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_33_]

You may want to add the router to Trusted Sites. Or this post may help.
Please post back with the result.

Can't access router from IE 7 because of Silverlight
http://www.chicagotech.net/forum1.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Old May 16th 09, 09:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Ecosrage

Where is The Router on a ' Vista Home Premium ' model? I can't find my
Ip for it.

--
Ecosrage

Old May 16th 09, 10:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Charlie Tame

Ecosrage wrote:
Where is The Router on a ' Vista Home Premium ' model? I can't find my
Ip for it.

What make of router?

The maker will have given it a default IP address, often 192.168.1.1 but
this can be changed.
Old May 16th 09, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Malke[_2_]

Ecosrage wrote:

Where is The Router on a ' Vista Home Premium ' model? I can't find my
Ip for it.

The router IP address has nothing to do with what operating system you're
running. Have a computer connected to the router with an ethernet cable.
Examples given are for a Linksys router. Refer to your router manual or the
router mftr.'s website for default settings if you don't have a Linksys.
Open a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox and in the addressbar
type:

http://192.168.1.1 [enter] (this is the router's default IP address, which
varies from router to router so check your manual)

This will bring you to router's login screen. The default username is left
blank and the Linksys default password is "admin" without the quotes. Enter
that information. If you don't have a router, refer to your manual. You are
now in the router's configuration utility.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old May 16th 09, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Charlie Tame

Malke wrote:
Ecosrage wrote:

[...]

And further to what Malke said above the router may need you to enter a
"Port" number which again you will get from the manual. This number
would be added like this ...

http://192.168.1.1:8080

What will get you is if someone (Previous owner maybe) has changed these
settings, because with most routers they can be changed. In that case
your best and maybe only chance it to reset to factory defaults.
Old May 16th 09, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Download this free utility and run it.
It would show you the IP of every thing on the network, including the
Router,
http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

Old May 17th 09, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Mike Hall - MVP

"Malke" wrote in message
Ecosrage wrote:

[...]

D-Link routers are 192.168.0.1

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Old May 19th 09, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Gordon[_9_]

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote in message

D-Link routers are 192.168.0.1

And if the OP had RTFM for his router he wouldn't even be posting here....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level