My Disk Drive won't work

Old April 20th 08, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cqui3

Default My Disk Drive won't work

"1mark" a écrit dans le message de
these tips do not work to correct the problem . contacting the manufac is
not
going to resolve issue either. the problem is with the OS, in my case it
is
vista basic . i've uninstalled the device several times and rebooted. the
same events occur. driver software does not function. . . . . . are there
other possible ways to resolve this issue excluding previous posts.
thank you.
1mark

It would be unusual. Either you have a defective cable. Or the Hdrive has
not been
partined and formated - or you have not assigned a drive letter to the
drive.

But of course I have not read previous thread messages, so all of this may
have
already been said.

Old April 26th 08, 01:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NECY2180

we have the same problem...that's why i join this vistaheads
community...
I hope the manufacture of VISTA can help us.

--
NECY2180

Old June 4th 08, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robbco

I had the same problem. I took the suggestion from this site and removed
iTunes and it took care the problem completely.

Old October 2nd 08, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dee

"Erica♥" wrote:

I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already
on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and
I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is
and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device
it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
sign on it.
Please help!!!
Thank You

Old October 2nd 08, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dee

"Erica♥" wrote:

I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already
on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and
I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is
and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device
it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
sign on it.
Please help!!!
Thank You

I had this same problem and found it difficult to find the answer. After
spending a day reading I found this fix for me.
First I backed up my registry Google how to back up registry and follow
directions. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Second I deleated upper and lower filters in reg. subkey.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
This worked for me but be sure to follow all directions and cautions.
I had to reinstall some programs.
Hope this helps I know how hard it is to find answers.
Old November 16th 08, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
skip08

in my computer, toshiba satellite a205, I was reformatting my whole hard
drive from the toshiba disc i got with my computer. It suddenly shut off
and so I turned it back on, but when I turned it back on, my c.d drive
was not working or turning on, and when I try to boot from the c.d it
just says the BoobtMGR is missing.

--
skip08
Old November 16th 08, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

The message means it's trying to boot the hard drive. The power outage may
have reset your BIOS to defaults, and you may need to reassign the optical
drive as the first bootable device.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/