DVD/CD-ROM code10

Old January 2nd 08, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SD DeWitt[_2_]

Default DVD/CD-ROM code10

I have removed iTunes but still can not get my DVD/CD-ROM to work.

Still getting code10.
Old January 2nd 08, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

Did you reboot after removing iTunes?

Old January 2nd 08, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SD DeWitt[_2_]

Yes
I cleaned out all iTunes stuff I could find on this thing, but I still get
code10

Old January 2nd 08, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Hi,
Go he
and solve your problem.

Carlos

Old January 2nd 08, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SD DeWitt[_2_]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned
in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey
before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that
you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data
value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

It will not let me in to delete the upper or lower filters.

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,
Go he
and solve your problem.

Carlos

Old January 2nd 08, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Hi,
Do you mean you cannot start regedit?
What error message are you reading?
Try logging in as Administrator or running regedit.exe as Administrator.
Carlos

"SD DeWitt" wrote:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned
in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey
before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that
you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data
value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

It will not let me in to delete the upper or lower filters.

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,
Go he
and solve your problem.

Carlos

Old January 2nd 08, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SD DeWitt[_2_]

No, I mean it will not let me in to the The upper and lower filters on
regedit.

access denied.

"SD DeWitt" wrote:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned
in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey
before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that
you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data
value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

It will not let me in to delete the upper or lower filters.

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,
Go he
and solve your problem.

Carlos

Old January 2nd 08, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SD DeWitt[_2_]

It says: Properties cannot be opened.
An error is preventing this key from being opened.
Details: Access is denied.

"SD DeWitt" wrote:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned
in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey
before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that
you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data
value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

It will not let me in to delete the upper or lower filters.

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,
Go he
and solve your problem.

Carlos

Old January 2nd 08, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

Are you accessing as Administrator?

"SD DeWitt" wrote:

[...]

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,
Go he
and solve your problem.

Carlos

Old January 2nd 08, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SD DeWitt[_2_]

YES!

"SD DeWitt" wrote:

[...]

"Carlos" wrote: