can we burn the vista iso on a 700mb disc possible?

Old November 2nd 06, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
pmager03

Default can we burn the vista iso on a 700mb disc possible?

i need to know if you have to burn the vista iso on a cd-r or dvd-r ? and
possibly on a 700 mb disc? if so, what compression progran can I use?

thank you
Old November 2nd 06, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Theo

You MUST burn the Vista .ISO image to a DVD - there is NO
OTHER CHOICE!!!

Since the .ISO is a mirror image of the original
installation DVD it must be burned to disc as an image, not
a data disc. In Nero the "Burn Image to Disc" is the
necessary option to transfer the .ISO to a DVD. You cannot
compress the image as it would never run if you did.

If you don't have a DVD burner, then go buy one. You can
find them on the web for less than $40.00.

Old November 2nd 06, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jan Il

Hi pmager03 :-)

Yes, as Theo said, it must be burned to a DVD. However, if you are only
wanting to install it to your machine, you can download the iso to your hard
drive, then mount the ISO and install it to your hard drive that. I
recommend the Deamon Tool for this kind of installation:

Daemon Tool - to mount Vista ISO for hard drive installation:
http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/Daemon_Tools

Hope this helps.

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE/OE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Old November 18th 06, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Triangle

ISO-burner is a great tool to use to burn ISOs. It never failed me and
is a really easy to use one soft. I suppose you give it a glance

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse

Old November 18th 06, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Theo

Has anyone ever heard of common sense or logic?

How would anyone expect to burn a 2.5GB, or so, image to a
700MB CD?

The Vista image is already compressed, so the probability of
compressing it anymore is slim and none.

Can you put 5 gallons of milk in a 1 gallon jug?

Old May 7th 10, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
ApocalypsePrime

What he's asking is can i fit 5 gallons of milk in 5 gallons jugs, still
the answers no lol. You can't burn vista on multible 700mb discs it
needs to be whole. Allthough, it is possible to run it with daemon tools
and mount the iso to a "virtual" drive. If your computers down the
crapper and can't load windows. You have 3 options

1 buy a legit copy of vista
2 buy a dvd burner so you can burn it or;
3 It is possible to boot vista from a usb memory stick.

--
ApocalypsePrime