Problem caused by Motorola USB Modem

Old January 6th 08, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ryan O in Pa

Default Problem caused by Motorola USB Modem

I can't get the drivers to install on vista for my new motorola cell phone,
so I can import music to the phone. I already tried going to motorola's
website and downloaded a newer version of the software, it still doesnt work.
The phone will not connect to the computer. Its a motorola v3m phone from
verizon wireless. Any one else seen this problem? have a fix?
Old January 7th 08, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MikeC

I am having a similar problem with my Motorazr V3t phone.
I want to download music from iTunes on my computer to my Motorazr V3t
phone. When I connect my phone to a USB, I get the “Found New Hardware”
Message. Then I get “Windows Needs to Install Driver Software. Insert Disc
that came with phone.” Of course, no disc came with the phone. Then it
checks the internet for a solution and has me download a Windows Vista Update
(KB 940199). Then I get the message “Update does not apply to my system.”
What now?

--
Thanks, Mike

Old January 7th 08, 12:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Hi,
Go here http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/ and download
your drivers.
They are available both for 32-bit and 64-bit OSs.
I am using them on Vista x64 with my Motorola W510.
Please note that you will have to register, for free, before being able to
download them.
Carlos

Old January 9th 08, 06:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MikeC

I downloaded that, but then I got an error message that says it "Encountered
a problem. Found Driver Software (USB Mass Storage Device), but the system
cannot find the file specified.

Old January 9th 08, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Mike,
Motorola software should be installed without having the phone plugged on
the USB port first.
Reboot after driver installation and then plug in your mobile.
My wife has a V3 black and I have a W510 working in Vista x64 with those
drivers.
Carlos

Old January 11th 08, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MikeC

Did exactly like you said but it still says it found the driver but
encountered a problem. I have the V3t with Vista 32.
--
Thanks, Mike

Old May 13th 08, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
adamss

"Carlos" wrote:

Mike,
Motorola software should be installed without having the phone

plugged on
the USB port first.
Reboot after driver installation and then plug in your mobile.
My wife has a V3 black and I have a W510 working in Vista x64 with

those
drivers.
Carlos

"MikeC" wrote:

hey i just want to know what is going on with vista x64. i have vista
ultimate and im trying to run a 3 moble broadband USB port thing. and it
just wont work is there anything i can do.???

and how could 3 mobile (huch) or who ever makes the E220 modems not
make it ready to use for vista x64 ???
what is going on anyone please help me !!!

--
adamss
Old June 12th 08, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
feniks57

HI!Somebody found Motorola SURFboard SB5100 driver for Vista x64 ?
Or no decision till now?

--
feniks57
Old June 12th 08, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:39:43 -0500, feniks57
wrote:

HI!Somebody found Motorola SURFboard SB5100 driver for Vista x64 ?
Or no decision till now?

There are Vista drivers for 5101 and 5120... have you tried them to
see if they'll work?