NVIDIA GForce 6 GO 6600 for Qosmio G25 AV513 laptop

Old January 9th 08, 04:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gui

Default NVIDIA GForce 6 GO 6600 for Qosmio G25 AV513 laptop

I did a clean install of Windows Vista Home Premium and the system operates
faster than with my previous set-up with XP. After updating some of my
drivers from Windows update, I am satified with VISTA so far except that I
noticed that Windows identifies my video card as a standard VGA.

When I down loaded the Nvidia driver from Toshiba (QG20disp-7882), it seemed
to install and operate correctly however Internet Explorer would not start
after the installation. I tried several times with the same results. To get
the internet working again I had to Restore the sytem to the previous
standard VGA set up.

This standard VGA set-up limits the ability to see videos with Media Center.
Has anyone run into this problem and how can I solve it. Incidentaly the
NVIDIA card has 128 MB dedicated memory so it should be able to run AERO but
it is not available.

Thanks
Old January 9th 08, 05:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

You may have gotten a corrupt download file. Have you tried a new download?
Use a different mirror this time.

Old January 9th 08, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peter

Toshiba laptops should download their video drivers from Toshiba
Each manufacturer is allowed to,and usually does, make modifications to
the Nvidea driver for their specific models.
peter

Old January 10th 08, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

I may be misremembering which manufacturers use mirrors. I don't see it on
the nVidia page. Please excuse the reference. Mirrors are offsite download
servers that relieve the bandwidth load on the main site. They are usually
scattered around the world.

Old January 10th 08, 03:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gui

Colin,
I finally was able to install the Nvidia driver without causing internet
explorer to crash. What i did different this time was that I uninstalled the
standard VGA driver via the Device Manager and did not reboot untill I
installed the new Nvidia driver. When I rebooted Windows vista, it recognized
the Nvidia card and installed the driver. This was much different than
before. I got this idea about uninstalling first the old driver when I was
looking at another discussion forum in the windows vista community which had
a similar problem with a different Nvidia card.

Thanks,
Winston