Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

Old January 9th 08, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wiggins

Default Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

Everytime Windows Vista Home Premium starts up I receive this error message:
"Error in C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtim e.dll
Missing entry: RunDLLEntry"
Can anyone please help me with this?
Email me at:
Thanks.
Old January 14th 08, 11:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sizkar9

i got exactly the same problem! had the computer for 2 weeks and it appeared
after 1st week!!! also windows vista is NOT compatible with i-tunes so my
i-pod which was working fine on xp now crashes my pc every time i import
songs!! have since been told that vista will be fine in 3 years time and i
should get rid of it and go back to xp!! great - a computer thats 2 weeks old
and doesn't do the one thing i bought it for!!! wot a joke!!!

Old June 25th 08, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gregrocker[_3_]

For those of you who come across this result when Googling this error
code, I have found the solution after several reinstalls of the Lexmark
printer software. The problem is with this software's behavior at START
UP, which should be the clue to find exactly where it is being started
up. As I keep my Start-Up list edited very tightly in Windows
DefenderOptionsSoftware ExplorerStartup Items, allowing only the
Microsoft entries, I had to look in those and found the very DLL entry
it was referring to. Simply highlight each entry in succesion and read
the full description in the righthand reading pane, until you find this
rundll, then Remove it and the error code will not repeat. No effect
will be seen on your Lexmark because it is simply keeping its software
from starting up with the computer (an unnecessary resource hog) and has
nothing to do with the software starting when you actually want to
print.

You cannot replicate this in RunMsConfigStart-up because the MS dll's
are not detailed there for editing. As always, the best interface and
control panel for your start-up items is Windows Defender's Software
Explorer so you should install it if only for that, tho its Real Time
protection also has zero footprint and functions fully in the background
until you try to download a threat.

--
gregrocker
Old July 29th 08, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Melissa

This was the best advice in dealing with this issue!! Thanks for helping me
get rid of that error message, and for also helping me get my startup to be a
lot faster, using the Windows Defender. THANKS!!!!

Old January 28th 09, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
austinHACKhall

DUde thanks so much.I was hellu ****ed because I bought my PC a few
days ago.

--
austinHACKhall
Old March 12th 09, 12:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
donmarvin

Thanks, gregrocker!

--
donmarvin
Old March 24th 09, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Janine

Hi, I was following Gregrockers advice but being a bit of a novice got
as far as services but could not find lexmark in the list.
Any advice please?
Thanks

--
Janine
Old March 29th 09, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alandsuse

I too have followed the advice, I have found the offending programme,
however, Windows Defender will not allow me to disable it.

Any ideas?

--
alandsuse

Old March 29th 09, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kaderimnrd

Thanks, gregrocker!

--
kaderimnrd
Old April 9th 09, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alandsuse[_3_]

Gregrockers advice seems to have worked for a few of you, but I have
followed it through, found the offending file , but windows defender
will not let me disable it............. any ideas anyone!?!??!?

--
alandsuse