Which disk image creation software is good for Vista?

Old January 13th 08, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cqui3

Default Which disk image creation software is good for Vista?

"Jack" replyto@it a écrit dans le message de

"dgmacmi" wrote in message
"Jack" replyto@it wrote in message

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
Apparently you have only looked at the File and folder backup function
in Ghost 12. Go back and look at the Drive-based backup function.
That's where you find the compressed image capability. You can do
either kind of backup.

I have Ghost 12 opened in front of me.
I cannot find any 'functions' you talk about.
The main options a
Home Status Tasks Tools Advanced
Under Tools I have:
Manage Backup Destination
Copy Recovery Point
Convert to Virtual Disk
Copy My Hard Drive ---- this is what I was referring to.

Can you please guide me to "Drive based function" please?
Jack

The purpose of the function: "Copy My Hard Drive ---- this is what I was
referring to." is to clone your hard drive to a new hard drive. It is not
a backup or image function.

In the Docs folder of your Ghost 12 installation CD there is a PDF Users
Guide. The Users Guide provides more complete information on using Ghost
12 than the User Guide included with the CD package.

Don

I will stick with Acronis.
If I need to read manual to be able to create simple image that thing is
not for me.
It means it is blown out of proportion!
Jack

It is really easy. Click on the tray icon. Click on the Tools Icon.
There yoyuy will see an icon for copying your HD to a different
HD.

Beware thought that if yu do it from within Windows, you mght
have to reactivate the OS. When I did that on my computer,
Windows interpreted it as moving to another machine.
But as far as I remember it can also be done from the recovery CD.

Old January 13th 08, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jack

"dgmacmi" wrote in message
[...]

I am talking about creating a disk image, not disk copy.
Jack

Old January 13th 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cqui3

"dgmacmi" wrote in message
[...]

Then it is even easier.

Old January 13th 08, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cqui3

"dgmacmi" wrote in message
[...]

Then it is even easier. A right click on the tray Icon
offers you that option.