Bluetooth mouse/kb intermittent docked notebook dual monitor

Old January 11th 08, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
claporte

Default Bluetooth mouse/kb intermittent docked notebook dual monitor

I have been having an issue with my MS bluetooth mouse/kb combination
temporarily ceasing to function on my notebook (internal bluetooth) when
using the docking station and two monitors. Everything is paired up and
working fine when I boot. But if I move the cursor focus from one monitor to
the other, or after a short period of inactivity, the mouse and keyboard
temporarily stop functioning. If I shake the mouse for a while it starts
working again -- I don't need to re-pair. Shortly after the mouse stops
functioning, the machine makes the default sound for disconnecting a USB
device, and then shortly before things start working again, it makes the
default sound for finding a new device. I have tried all the troubleshooting:
the mouse seems to sleep just fine (although the batteries burn up in two
months or so). I'm using a beige manila folder as my mouse pad. the mouse/kb
are 2' from the notebook. I don't think I'm getting interference from the
external 24" flat panel dell monitor. I'm using the latest
intellipoint/intellitype software.
The notebook is an HP Pavilion CTO DV9500t, with an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
graphics card. Vista Ultimate 64-bit Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1, v.668
Build 6001. HP Bluetooth
Module Yes BLUETOOTH 5.1.2535.0 7/1/2007 D-Link oem64.inf Not
Available USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D\5&1F5AE0B4&0&2